Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Inside The American Genre Film Archive’s Battle to Protect Cannibals from Time and Decay
- Daria Nicolodi, Unsung Hero of Italian Horror
- Why are Students Drawn to Horror?
- 10 Young Adult Horror Novels that Should be Made into Movies Right Now!
- Face-Off: Phantoms vs. Hellraiser: Hellworld
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article, iDigitalTimes looks into how The American Genre Film Archive, and film archivists in general, have saved such films as Cannibal Ferox from almost certain extinction.
The Daily Dead explains how Daria Nicoladi, a frequent collaborator of Dario Argento, helped shape Italian horror, both in front of the camera and behind it.
In this article over at Times Higher Education, professor of history Robert Zaretsky ponders that age-old question. Why are students drawn to horror?
There are a lot of great horror books out there for our young adults, but which should be adapted for the big screen? These ten, according to Blumhouse.
For no other reason than the fact this week sees the release of Bats Vs Supes, Arrow in the Head pits Phantoms (“Ben Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms”) against Hellraiser: Hellworld (Henry Cavill long before Russell Crowe popped him into a spiky giant butt-plug and sent him to earth). Who will win? Probably neither.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey