Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Lit Reactor help to define what is horror
- Blood Disgusting shirk CGI in search of the best in practical effects in genre cinema
- Bruce Campbell talks to CNN about horror and the longevity of the cult classics he’s been involved in
- Live Mint delves into the growing horror film scene in India
- Signal Horizon look at the horror trope of Hillbilly Horror
Annie Neugebauer at Lit Reactor has put together a fantastically informative infographic that looks at the nuts and bolts of what makes up horror and its multitude of sub-genres.
With decent quality, convincing CGI becoming cheaper and higher in quality all the time, Bloody Disgusting’s Meagan Navarro looks into the ten best examples of practical special effects in horror movies.
Bruce Campbell talks to CNN about horror and the longevity of the cult classics he’s been involved in
Evil Dead legend Bruce Campbell sits down for an in-depth interview about horror and the classic movies (and now TV series) he has been involved in and discusses why he feels they’ve had such longevity.
Lata Jha of Live Mint uses the new horror feature film from Indian director Anushka Sharma, Pari, to examine the growing interest in the horror genre in Indian cinema.
Mike D and Taylor Unsell of Signal Horizon continue their series looking at horror tropes and dig into hillbilly horror, looking at classic examples, the tropes within the trope and how it is challenged by some braver fiction and film.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.