Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Crime Reads features eight mysteries and thrillers with underlying supernatural elements
- LitReactor feature an article of advice on making the ending work in a horror novel
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror select some memorable exploration horror movies for the Halloween season
- Horror DNA get the lowdown on abandoned places which have influenced the fiction of Kevin Lucia
- Tor Nightfire select eight weird, Gothic reads set in the forbidding scenery of the Appalachians
C. J. Cooke, author of The Lighthouse Witches, picks out eight other mysteries and thrillers with supernatural elements bubbling beneath the surface.
LitReactor’s Peter Derk analyses endings in the horror novel and offers up some advice on how to make sure you stick the landing successfully.
The Ginger Nuts of Horror dig into their back catalogue of horror movies and pick out some memorable exploration horrors.
Writer Kevin Lucia looks to the wellspring of inspiration for his horrors, and describes some abandoned places which have bled into his writing.
Tor Nightfire’s Sam Reader selects eight weird Gothic fictions set among the forbidding scenery of the Appalachians, including work by John Langan, Kristi DeMeester and others.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.