Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Guardian has a feature article on the top twenty films to get you into Japanese horror
- The Horror Tree feature seven succulent tips for writing horror fiction from E. Z. Morgan
- Mental Floss pick out forty fascinating facts about your favourite horror films
- Rock Paper Shotgun have a feature article on new Tesla-inspired horror game Close to the Sun
- Sara Tantlinger features an interview with Christina Sng on her blog for Women in Horror Month
Anne Billson compiles twenty top Japanese horror movies for those looking to delve into one of the richest and most terrifying territories in horror cinema.
In a guest post for Women in Horror Month, The Horror Tree feature seven succulent tips for writing horror fiction from E. Z. Morgan, author of Dad’s Tapes and Knots: Stories to Entangle and Ensnare.
The team at Mental Floss have dug through the horror movie archive and picked out forty fascinating facts about your favourite horror flicks.
Alice Bell of Rock Paper Shotgun talks to the developers of the new Tesla-inspired horror video game, Close to the Sun
Bram Stoker Award Nominee Sara Tantlinger talks to Christina Sng about her book A Collection of Nightmares among other topics, as part of her Women in Horror Month series.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey