Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting recommends Six Creepy Documentaries for the Halloween season
- Cultured Vultures presents an editorial why Michael Myers Can’t Kill Feminism
- Horrornews.net interviews Javier Botet about his new film Mara, as well as his previous work
- Electric Lit asks Why Do Aliens Always Invade the United States?
- Tor.com showcases 5 Devil-Worshiping Pulp Novels of the 70’s
Sometimes, reality is truly the scariest thing. Luiz H.C. of Bloody Disgusting writes about six of the creepiest horror documentaries, just in time for the Halloween season.
There are final girls, and then there’s Laurie Strode. Hannah Berry of Cultured Vultures presents an editorial why Halloween‘s Laurie Strode is the hero we all need in horror.
You may not recognize his face, but if you love horror, you’ve probably seen his work. Janel Spiegel interviews Javier Botet, of Mama, Slender Man, It, [Rec], and The Conjuring 2 fame, about his work in his latest film, Mara.
Tade Thompson joins Tor.com for an interesting piece asking why the US is such fertile ground for alien invasion stories while presenting a few choice selections from around the world.
During the 70’s, Satan was all the rage in fiction and film. Paperback horror expert and novelist Grady Hendrix guests over at Tor.com, presenting five of the pulpiest Devil-Worshiping novels ever published.