Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- Summoning Darkness, Exuding Light: Remembering Dark Fiction Renegade, JF Gonzalez
- The Best Horror Stories For Children
- Revisiting ‘Salem’s Lot by Richard Chizmar
- The 10 Goriest Slashers of the 80s
- Glenn Chadbourne: Hard-Wired For Horror
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article over at Fangoria, Brian Keene, John Skipp, Brian Hodge, and many more remember dark fiction author, JF Gonzalez, who sadly died last week.
If, like me, you have a young child and are into horror, then you are probably already looking at ways of polluting their fragile little minds with dark fiction, and these books, as suggested by Evangeline Lily over at Huffington Post (Huff-Po to the cool kids), are the perfect spring-board.
In this article over at Stephen King Revisited, Richard Chizmar looks back at the first time he read ‘Salem’s Lot, and what it was like returning to it almost thirty-five years later.
Rare Horror looks at ten of the goriest slasher movies of the 1980s.
Glenn Chadbourne’s stunning illustrations have featured on covers for Cemetery Dance Publications, Earthling Publications, and Subterranean Press, to name just a few. In this article from Boothbay Register, Chadbourne reveals his drawing routine and talks about his relationships with Stephen King and the late Rick Hautala.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey