Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Nightbreed: 25 Years of Enduring Horror
- Women in Horror Month: Gale Anne Hurd, the Harbinger of Mainstream Horror
- In Defence of… Alien: Resurrection, the Franchise’s Ugly Duckling
- Moseley Not Manson: The Saga of the Manson Girls Film
- Top 10 Grossest Horror Movie Scenes
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
It’s been a quarter of a century since we first set foot in the cinematic version of the world known as Midian. In this article, Den of Geek looks back at Clive Barker’s 1990 classic, Nightbreed.
Women in Horror Month continues over at Fangoria with a look at the life and films of one of the greatest female producers the genre has ever seen, Gale Anne Hurd.
Ask anyone which their least favourite Alien movie is, and it’ll be a toss-up between Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. But does Jean-Paul Jeunet’s A:R deserve the hostility it gets? DigitalSpy investigates.
In this article, Wicked Horror looks at the clusterfuck going on behind the scenes of Manson Girls, in which Bill Moseley (The Devil’s Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) might or might not be playing everyone’s favourite cult-leader, Charles Manson.
HorrorNews.net compiles a lovely list of gross-out scenes, guaranteed to have the weak-stomached reaching for the nearest bucket and even the stoic grimacing with disgust.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey