Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting pick out ten great horror movies that you can only find on VHS
- 032c.com talk to philosopher Eugene Thacker about what makes today a golden age for horror
- Tor.com highlights seven classic horror novels from the heydey of horror paperbacks
- Brian Rowe, on Medium, explains why YA horror novel, The Girl From The Well is one you need to read
- Kendall Reviews talk to Australian Shadow Award-winner Steven Paulsen
Meagan Navarro of Bloody Disgusting has compiled this list of some of her favourite horror movies that, without a DVD or BluRay release, can only be found on VHS.
Daniel Beatty Garcia talks to the philosopher Eugene Thacker about the golden age of horror in which we live, with Thacker suggesting that some horror masterpieces may be as important for understanding the human condition as the great works of Kant or Descartes.
Craig Davidson writes this guest post, highlighting seven classic horror novels from the 80s and 90s heydey of the horror paperback.
With the YA horror market going from strength to strength, Brian Rowe explains why Rin Chupeco’s The Girl From The Well is a must read for horror fans of all ages.
Following on from his Australian Shadows win for his recent collection, Shadows on the Wall, Kendall Reviews catch up with Steven Paulsen to discuss all things writing and horror.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey