Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting pick out the the most sinister stalkers in horror video games
- Digital Spy have a feature article by someone who has used horror movies to process grief
- Dazed have news of Lars Von Trier’s new movie The House That Jack Built and the strong reactions it has received at the Cannes festival
- Black Gate have John DeNardo of Kirkus Reviews’ recommendations of new releases in Sci-fi, fantasy and horror for May
- Storgy feature an interview with horror and weird fiction author Kirsty Logan
Neil Bolt of Bloody Disgusting has dug into his horror video game pile to select their most sinister stalkers. His list includes Resident Evil‘s Nemesis and the Scissor Man from Clock Tower.
Digital spy have a feature article by Rosie Fletcher, a staff writer at the site who has used horror movies as a means to process the grief associated with her father’s death. The article is tastefully written and will have a lot of horror fans nodding along in understanding of the positive effects horror can have.
Dazed have news of Lars Von Trier’s new movie The House That Jack Built and the strong reactions it has received at the Cannes festival
Lars Von Trier’s new serial killer movie, The House That Jack Built, was shown for the first time at the Cannes film festival and prompted strong reactions at the scenes of violence.
Black Gate have John DeNardo of Kirkus Reviews’ recommendations of new releases in Sci-fi, fantasy and horror for May
John O’Neil of Black Gate gets a heads up from John DeNardo of Kirkus reviews on the best genre fiction releases in May.
Hot on the heels of her latest novel The Gloaming, Storgy’s Dan Carpenter catches up with Scotland’s Kirsty Logan to discuss all things horror and weird fiction.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey