Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Tor Nightfire select nine must-read works of horror in translation
- The Horror Tree feature a craft essay on how to turn real life experiences into horror stories
- Nightmare Magazine feature an H-Word essay on the devil himself
- The Ladies Of Horror Fiction check in to the first ever Ghoulish Book Festival
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror run a feature and interview on Matt Wesolowski’s Six Stories series
Tor Nightfire’s Sam Reader scours the globe for international works of horror fiction which are worth your attention and are available in translation.
Miles Oliver, writing for The Horror Tree, offers craft advice on turning real life experiences into nightmarish horror tales.
Writer Daniel David Froid pulls together this fascinating essay on the devil, in both scriptural and fictional forms, for Nightmare Magazine’s The H-Word series.
The Ladies of Horror Fiction’s Teresa Ardrey went along to this year’s first annual Ghoulish Book Festival and spoke to several women in horror about why they chose to attend and what their experience was like.
Tony Jones and Steve Stred provide this feature and interview with Six Stories series writer Matt Wesolowski for The Ginger Nuts of Horror.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.