- Ten Horror Prequels we’re dying to see
- Crime Reads presents a primer on Dark Academia
- This Time Tomorrow, Now: Emma Straub remembers her legendary father
- Brian McAuley talks about Hand-Me-Down Horror over at Nightmare Magazine
- Simon Strantzas on the perils, and power, of dreams in weird fiction
With Ti West’s latest installment of his slasher series, Pearl, in theaters now, Bloody Disgusting’s Daniel Kurland gives us ten more films that could use the prequel treatment.
Over at Crime Reads, Joanna Margaret dives into the Dark Academia fiction subgenre. Part campus novel, part mystery, and inherently gothic, Dark Academia’s reach is older and more far reaching than Donna Tartt’s The Secret History.
This Time Tomorrow: Today. Emma Straub remembers her late father, horror fiction icon Peter Straub, at Vulture
Emma Straub’s heartfelt remembrance of her legendary father, horror writer Peter Straub, who was the basis of her most recent novel, This Time Tomorrow.
Brian McAuley (Curse of the Reaper) talks about his early inspirations in the form of horror hand-me-downs from one generation to the next—vhs tapes and tattered tomes—over at Nightmare Magazine.
Over at Weird Horror Magazine, Simon Strantzas takes on the oft overused dream sequence, which is basically fear, without the threat, and presents us with a way writers might overcome the pitfalls and take advantage of the surreal imagery.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.