5 Must Read Horror Articles 19 September 2016
Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Stephen King’s Essay On The Blair Witch Project
- Making The Blair Witch Project
- Creating Don’t Breathe
- Interview With Deborah Sheldon
- Dark Fiction: The Bug Laughs Last
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Writers don’t come much bigger than Stephen King, and with the release of the new Blair Witch sequel, here’s a topical look back at King’s 2010 essay on the original
With the Blair Witch hitting cinemas this week, Dread Central’s Ben Rock presents a comprehensive retrospective on the creation of the original.
Joblo’s Jimmy O talks to writer/director Fede Alvarez and the cast of Don’t Breathe about creating an original horror movie after his success with the recent Evil Dead remake.
Ahead of the publication of her new bio-horror novel Dark Waters, Australian author Deborah Sheldon talks to Ginger Nuts Of Horror about her writing.
To round up this week’s selection, Fangoria’s Joe DeRosa offers up a short piece of dark fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey