Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Lineup select fifteen brutally honest horrors about motherhood by women
- The Horror Tree talk mental health and horror and mental health representation in the genre
- Bloody Disgusting look back at Christopher Nolan’s underrated 2002 film, Insomnia
- Esquire run down the list of the scariest horror reads of the year 2023
- Nightmare Magazine channel the real life horror of a blizzard
The Lineup’s Isabel Montero selects fifteen horror novels by women which pull no punches in their handling of motherhood.
Writer and singer-songwriter Nzondi considers the representation of mental health in horror and asks whether the genre needs to be fairer and more accurate in its depictions in this article for The Horror Tree.
Luiz H. C., writing for Bloody Disgusting, looks back at Christopher Nolan’s 2002 film, Insomnia, and shows why it is perhaps his most underrated movie to date.
Talking Scared’s Neil McRobert charts a course through this year’s horror fiction releases, picking out the scariest of them all in this article for Esquire.
Writer Ed Grabianowski, in this article for Nightmare Magazine’s ‘The H Word’ series, describes the real life horror of being caught in a blizzard.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.