Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- IGN have the scoop on AMC’s new series Eli Roth’s History of Horror, dropping on 14 October
- Comicbook have a well researched top fifty horror movies of the twenty-first century
- Wired previews the new, final season of American Horror Story in this in-depth feature article
- The Movie Blog picks out thirteen scary films where the original book is even more terrifying
- Kendall Reviews talk to author and artist Lydian Faust
Aaron Pruner of IGN takes a deep dive into the horror archives, in preparation for Eli Roth’s History of Horror, a new seven part series coming to AMC on 14 October, right in time for halloween.
Lists are often lazily-written, poorly researched click bait these days. With her top fifty horror movies of the twenty-first century, though, Jessica Learish absolutely bucks that trend. Featuring the classics you would expect but scores of lesser know movies well worth your time, this is a list to scrutinise.
With the first episode having aired this week, Angela Watercutter of Wired takes a look at what is to come from the final season of American Horror Story in this in-depth feature that likens the scale of it to Marvel’s Infinity War.
The Movie Blog’s Elliot Hopper selects thirteen horror movies in which the novel they are based on is even more harrowing.
Kendall Reviews talks to Lydian Faust about her novel Forest Underground and much more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.