Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Crime Reads select ten outstanding folk horror novels in this guest post by writer Jo Furniss
- Bloody Disgusting begin their ‘Phantom Limbs’ series looking at a canned sequel to Hellraiser: Judgement
- Writer Laurel Hightower takes up her post as the warden of Kendall Reviews’ graveyard
- Richard Thomas talks the strength of universal truths in his latest Storyville article for LitReactor
- The Gingernuts of Horror sit down for an interview with author Mark Towse
Jo Furniss, author of The Last to Know, digs into the folk horror landscape and selects ten novels steeped in the old ways and shares them with Crime Reads.
Bloody Disgusting begin their ‘Phantom Limbs’ series looking at a canned sequel to Hellraiser: Judgement
Bloody Disgusting’s Justin Jenkins begins a new regular feature, ‘Phantom Limbs,’ by looking at a canned sequel to Hellraiser Judgement which had proposed a new Hell Priest.
Celebrating the launch of her highly rated new release, Crossroads, writer Laurel Hightower signs in for her graveyard shift at Kendall Reviews.
Richard Thomas talks the strength of universal truths in his latest Storyville article for LitReactor
In this latest in his Storyville series for LitReactor, Richard Thomas talks up the power of using universal truths your readers can identify with to improve your fiction.
Mark Towse, author of collection Face The Music, sits down with The Gingernuts of Horror to talk horror, writing and much more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey