Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor explains the importance of staying positive as a writer at times of crisis
- Dread Central run a feature charting the phenomenal career of Max Von Sydow, who passed away this week
- Bloody Disgusting look back at Seoul Station, the animated prequel to Train to Busan
- Horror DNA select ten examples of folk horror that make you too frightened to take a walk in the woods
- Crime Reads feature a double-header interview with authors Alma Katsu and Michael Koryta
Author Cina Pelayo (Loteria, Santa Muerte) tackles the subject of writing at times of crisis, specifically the current pandemic and explains how important it is for writers to stay positive and stick at their craft, offering tips on how to achieve that.
Dread Central run a feature charting the phenomenal career of Max Von Sydow, who passed away this week
Dread Central’s Brian Keiper writes a feature article on the late Max Von Sydow, who died this past week, charting his incredibly prolific career.
Meagan Navarro writes for Bloody Disgusting on the much underappreciated animated prequel to Train to Busan, Seoul Station, which was released back in 2016.
Horror DNA select ten examples of folk horror that make you too frightened to take a walk in the woods
Author Helen Mullane, writing simultaneously with the release of her comic, Nicnevin and the Bloody Queen, writes this column selecting the most terrifying folk horrors from film, TV, comics and books.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey