Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting feature ten horror TV series you will not want to miss in 2019
- Film School Rejects have a feature article on the forthcoming shudder documentary, Horror Noire
- CBR.com remind us of the time when Captain America briefly became a horror comic
- World Literature Today have a feature article in horror in translation
- As part of their LGBTQ+ horror month, the Gingernuts of Horror talk to Wayne Mansfield
Meagan Navarro picks out ten TV series for horror fans to watch out for in 2019, from a variety of content platforms.
In an age when more and more readers and viewers are rightly searching for increased diversity in their horror, Shudder seeks to shine a light on black voices in horror over the years, up to the present day, with the documentary, Horror Noire. Film School Rejects’ Brad Gullickson writes about it here.
You remember when Captain America became a horror comic? No? Well, Brian Cronin of CBR.com has you covered and unravels the story for you.
For those of us looking to expand our horror fiction beyond original English language works, Rachel Cordasco has put together a feature article, highlighting four horror novels which are well worth reading in translation.
Continuing their month of interviews with LGBTQ+ horror authors, The Gingernuts of Horror caught up with Wayne Mansfield to find out what inspires him and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey