Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Writer Gabino Iglesias tells Tor Nightfire why he believes in ghosts and how to tell ghost stories
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror pick out nine new young adult releases for Halloween month
- Bloody Disgusting ask where the Halloween franchise goes after the forthcoming Halloween Ends
- Writer Caitlin Starling writes for Crime Reads on the evocative nature of body horror
- Kendall Reviews sit down for an interview with author Ben Eads
Gabino Iglesias, no stranger to writing horrifying, ghostly scenes, digs into his personal experiences of ghosts and uses them to tell Tor Nightfire how to write a ghost story.
Tony Jones, The Ginger Nuts of Horror’s resident expert on YA horror, selects nine new releases for young adults this Halloween month.
Bloody Disgusting’s Luiz HC considers the current trilogy of films within the Halloween franchise and wonders where the series goes after the forthcoming Halloween Ends.
Caitlin Starling, author of The Death of Jane Lawrence, discusses the topic of body horror for Crime Reads and picks out its personal nature as the characteristic which makes it so evocative.
Writer Ben Eads talks to Kendall Reviews about his story in the anthology In Darkness, Delight: Fear the Future, from Corpus Press, as well as his novella, Hollow Heart, in this wide ranging interview.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.