Today marks the UK release date of the third instalment in Gary McMahon’s Concrete Grove series, Beyond Here Lies Nothing. To celebrate the release we’ve teamed together with Solaris Books and the man himself, multiple award-winning author Gary McMahon, to offer you the chance to win the complete trilogy – that’s The Concrete Grove, Silence Voices and Beyond Here Lies Nothing.
How to enter the competition
This competition is certainly not a standard question followed by a prize draw. Oh no, things are going to get far more interesting and exciting for both the entrants and everyone involved in putting this together.
Gary McMahon has written an original short story based in the Concrete Grove universe ‘You Haven’t Seen Me’. However, there’s one problem – it’s incomplete (do you see where this is going?). Read You Haven’t Seen Me by Gary McMahon and if you think you’re up to the challenge then why not enter our competition and complete the story in 300 words or less.
- Complete the story in 300 words or less
Email the completed story in .doc, .rtf or .docx format to [email protected] by Friday 28 September 2012, 12:01am
The winner will be selected by Gary McMahon and will be announced on Friday 19 October 2012.
Praise for the Concrete Grove trilogy
“McMahon depicts precise details succinctly without compromising on the unrelenting pace or quality of his prose”
THIS IS HORROR on The Concrete Grove
“His best novel to date”
THIS IS HORROR on Silent Voices
So what are you waiting for? Sharpen up those pencils, load your best fountain pen with a fresh cartridge or simply control N into a new word document. Just write.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey