In this podcast Tony McMillen talks about An Augmented Fourth, Black Sabbath, Word Horde, and much more.
About Tony McMillen
Tony McMillen is the author of the novels An Augmented Fourth and Nefarious Twit, and the comic book Oblivion Suite.
- [03:20] Interview start/initial interest in the arts
- [05:50] Relationship between heavy metal and horror
- [16:50] Ozzy Vs Dio Black Sabbath—which is better?
- [25:10] Ian Gillan Black Sabbath ‘Born Again’
- [36:30] Multifaceted artist and novel bonuses
- [38:20] Recording music for An Augmented Fourth
- [43:20] Reasons for using Kickstarter to fund Nefarious Twit
- [46:05] Lessons learnt writing, marketing, and releasing Nefarious Twit
- [50:05] Impetus for publishing with Word Horde and benefits of moving away from self-publishing
- [59:20] Daily routine/typical day
- [01:02:20] Artistic identity: writer, musician, artist, comedian
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin.
Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Silent Hill meets David Lynch in Betty Rocksteady’s Like Jagged Teeth. The guys following her home are bad enough, but when Jacalyn’s Poppa comes to the rescue, things only get worse. After all, he’s been dead for six years. When she ends up back at Poppa’s new apartment, nothing feels right. The food here doesn’t taste how food should taste. The doors don’t work how doors are supposed to work. And something’s not right with Poppa. Guilt and sickness spiral Jacalyn into a nightmarish new reality of hallucinations and body horror. Like Jagged Teeth by Betty Rocksteady is available wherever nightmares are sold.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey