In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about his latest novel A Head Full of Ghosts, classic horror and The Exorcist.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of A Head Full of Ghosts, The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones). He is also the author of the short story collection In the Mean Time, has co-edited four anthologies and is currently on the Board of Directors for the Shirley Jackson Awards.
- [02:40] Paul’s start and career to date
- [06:54] Writing horror and teaching Math: Math VS English department rivalries
- [09:49] Focus Features optioned A Head Full of Ghosts
- [15:00] References within A Head Full of Ghosts
- [17:00] Revisiting classic horror
- [18:30] Earliest horror memory
- [23:10] The Exorcist
- [30:34] The original of A Head Full of Ghosts
- [33:30] Ambiguity: possession or mental illness?
- [40:52] Research for A Head Full of Ghosts
- [41:50] Favourite exorcism movies
- [44:40] Groupthink, algorithms on Google, Facebook and other platforms
- [50:03] Planning A Head Full of Ghosts vs The Little Sleep
- [52:45] Next book
- [55:00] Feelings surrounding the release of A Head Full of Ghosts
- [57:55] Paul Tremblay live readings
Music interlude ‘Under The Robe’ by Amen.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey