It’s that time of year again, friends. The This Is Horror Awards 2014 are now open. Please send your votes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Awards 2014 Votes’. To cast a vote simply write the category and your vote for each award. You may vote for your top two in each category. For example:
1. First choice
2. Second choice
This is in place in the unlikely event that there is a tie breaker for first place after the votes have been counted.
Here are the awards and nominations.
Novel of the Year
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
- Revival by Stephen King
- The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey
- The Troop by Nick Cutter
Film of the Year
TV Series of the Year
- American Horror Story: Coven
- Hannibal (Season Two)
- The Strain
- The Walking Dead (Season Four)
- True Detective
Short Story Collection of the Year
- After the People Lights Have Gone Off by Stephen Graham Jones
- Burnt Black Suns: A Collection of Weird Tales by Simon Strantzas
- Gifts for the One Who Comes After by Helen Marshall
- The End in All Beginnings by John F.D. Taff
- Unseaming by Mike Allen
Anthology of the Year
- Burnt Tongues: An Anthology of Transgressive Short Stories (Edited by Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Thomas and Dennis Widmyer)
- The Cutting Room: Dark Reflections of the Silver Screen (Edited by Ellen Datlow)
- The New Black (Edited by Richard Thomas)
- The Spectral Book of Horror Stories (Edited by Mark Morris)
- Year’s Best Weird Fiction, Volume 1 (Edited by Laird Barron)
Publisher of the Year
Magazine of the Year
UK Event of the Year
Book Cover of the Year
- The Cormorant by Chuck Wendig (Cover Art by Joey Hi-Fi)
- The Last Projector by David James Keaton (Cover Art by Joel Vollmer)
- The Spectral Book of Horror Stories (Edited by Mark Morris) (Cover Art by Vincent Chong)
- Wakening the Crow by Stephen Gregory (Cover Art by Nicolas Delort)
- Where You Live by Gary McMahon (Cover Art by Ben Baldwin)
Tattoo Artist of the Year
- Alexander TheMeat Bowron, Dragstrip Tattoos
- Alexis Kovacs, Electric Cheetah Tattoos
- Emily Asylum, Odyssey Body Arts
- Max Pniewski, Southmead Tattoo Studio
- Ollie Tye, Cosmic Monsters
Podcast of the Year
Voting closes at 12:01am GMT on Tuesday 20 January 2015.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd. What have got to lose? I guess, nothing really, you could unsubscribe any time. I mean, technically you could just grab the free eBook and run. That'd be it. Easy. But don't do that. Stick around. You might like it here.