Your mythic landscape, the interdimensional hotspot Scalentine, has a well-developed geography and a cornucopia of Weres, Feys and Hermaphroditic four-armed sentients. Was there a lot of detailed note-taking and did you have character bibles to keep track of all your multi-coloured creations?
GS: I probably should have! To be honest, I just tend to think of something, go, ‘Ooh, cool, let’s put that in’ and work out later how it fits into the story. There are things and people I had to cut from the first one, or mentioned only briefly, which I hope to put in future books; and some which may never find a home, at least not in this series.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)