In this podcast Dan Howarth interviews Joe Hill in Liverpool Waterstone’s ahead of his NOS4R2/NOS4A2 launch. We then discuss the event in the This Is Horror studio.
[1:30] Joe Hill interview
[2:00] Weather banter
[2:48] Intention and expectations when writing a novel
[8:05] Christmas and the macabre
[10:34] Inspiration and the vampire mythology
[14:10] Gender and NOS4R2
[16:50] Strong female characters
[17:40] Family and writing about ‘happy’ people
[21:04] Post-interview thoughts
[25:35] Insights into the Q&A in Liverpool
[29:20] Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey launch with Adam Nevill and Jasper Bark
[31:45] Starting point with Joe Hill’s work
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Interlude music credits
Heart Shaped Box – Nirvana
Come As You Are – Nirvana
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey