Welcome once again to Must Read Horror, where we select five noteworthy horror articles in the hope that someone will read them. This week:
- Alien – Typseset in the Future
- Mobbed by the 3’s – Halloween III: Season of the Witch
- If It Takes a Little Digging: A Horror Fanatics Rant about the Good, Bad and Everything in Between
- Top Ten Winter Horror Movies
- Revisiting The Shining by Richard Chizmar
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
If, like me, nothing excites you more than a nice san-serif or a semi-bold DS Luthersche, and also the movie Alien, you’re going to love this. Typeset in the Future looks at every single font used throughout the movie, and what it possibly means.
This new feature over at Horror News will be looking at horror franchise part threes, beginning with the Michael Myers-less (yes, I know he appears on a TV screen for three whole jiffies when Tom Atkins is getting pissed in the bar!) Halloween III: Season of the Witch.
This rant on the subject of horror over at Dread Central is worth a read.
Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer once sang about how cold it was outside (good job neither of them were homeless), and what better way to spend those chilly evenings than sitting in front of a nice log fire (gas works, too, but you’re more at risk of monoxide poisoning and subsequently death) watching a horror movie. Horrormovies.ca pick their top ten winter horror movies.
At the tender age of sixteen, Richard Chizmar first read Stephen King’s nightmarish – especially if you work in a Travelodge or Premier Inn – The Shining. In this article over at Stephen King Revisited, Chizmar returns to the book that he calls, “Almost too scary.”
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey