Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Fans Uncover Blair Witch Viral Marketing Site
- Michael Cudlitz Talks About Season Six Of The Walking Dead
- Dean Cundy Reveals The Thing Secret
- Ten Real Life Home Invasions
- Gene Wilder Dies At 83
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
After The Woods was revealed to actually be the upcoming Blair Witch Project sequel, it appears that there was a covert marketing campaign going on all this time, as Dread Central’s John Squires explains.
With season seven of everybody’s favourite zombie apocalypse drama returning to our screens in just a few weeks, Fangoria’s Shawn Macomber sat down with actor Micael Cudlitz—aka Sergeant Abraham Ford—to reflect on season six.
Ever wondered when watching John Carpenter’s The Thing whether the creature survived at the end, or if it was either MacReady, Childs or both of them? Geektyrant’s Joey Paur may have the answer.
With the release of Don’t Breathe it seems that home invasions are back on the horror menu, having been the backbone of many a film such as Funny Games, The Strangers, Them and last year’s Knock Knock. Joblo’s Jake Dee takes a look at ten real life home invasions.
While not a stalwart of the horror genre, Gene Wilder was one of the finest actors of his time, and deserves a mention purely on the strength of his classic Young Frankenstein, which proved that horror and comedy could be perfect bedfellows. Coming Soon’s Spencer Perry pays tribute.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey