Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week. So, without further ado:
- Charles Dickens and the Train of Death: The Story Behind the Classic Ghost Story ‘The Signal-Man’
- Tall Man, Big Heart: A Tribute to Angus Scrimm
- Horror Writer Paul Tremblay on Deadlines, New England and the Devil
- Five Reasons to Love Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare
- John D and Me: Stephen King
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article, Dangerous Minds looks at the inspiration behind the classic ghost story, ‘The Signal-Man’ by Charles Dickens.
There have been many tributes this week for legendary actor, Angus Scrimm, who portrayed the villainous Tall Man in the Phantasm series of films. This tribute is from Fangoria.
You’ve seen his name on umpteen Best-of lists for his novel, A Head Full of Ghosts, and rightfully so, but what does Paul Tremblay think of deadlines, New England, and the Devil? The Wall Street Journal finds out.
Erroneous title aside, Freddy’s Dead is believed to be the worst of the series, a big heap of shit that not even Tom Arnold could rescue. But was it really that terrible? Dread Central looks deeper into the sixth Nightmare.
John D. MacDonald has inspired some of the literary greats over the decades, and amongst them is some chap called Stephen King. In this article, King tells the Herald Tribune why John D. was such a revelation.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.