Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- 5 Unmade Ray Harryhausen Films We Wish Existed
- 10 Politically Themed Horror Films
- Neil Marshall Talks Dark Signal
- Revisiting Cabin in the Woods
- Evil Dead II Kickstarter Board Game Backed In Eight Hours
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Legendary special effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen left some amazing films as his legacy, but Bloody Disgusting’s Chris Webster considers five films he never made that would have benefited from his magic touch.
With politics all over the news this week (and every week for the foreseeable future, no doubt), Arrow in the Head’s Jake Dee looks at ten politically themed movies.
Starburst’s Andrew Pollard talks to acclaimed British director Neil Marshall about his involvement with new Welsh-set horror film Dark Signal.
Shock Till You Drop’s Jessie Robbins takes a look back at Joss Whedon’s 2011 intelligent horror film.
What do you get the Evil Dead II fan who has everything? The newly funded Evil Dead II board game!
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.