On 18 May I decided to embark on a 30 Day Patreon Challenge to double the amount of patronage for the This Is Horror Podcast. I’ve made mention of this on the Podcast, social media and even via our mailing list but until now on the twenty-first day of the challenge I’ve not mentioned it on the This Is Horror website.
If you like the This Is Horror Podcast and think it’s worth $1 per month (that’s $0.20–0.25 per episode) then please consider heading over to the This Is Horror Podcast Patreon and pledging today. Let me tell you a little bit more about the challenge, how it came about and why you might want to get involved.
What is the 30 Day Patreon Challenge?
A challenge to double patronage on Patreon in thirty days, whether amount of patrons, amount pledged or both. We started off with $195 and 39 patrons. We’re shooting for $390 and 78 patrons. With twenty full days complete we’re almost 67% through and have $312 (60% increase) and 62 patrons (59% increase). So as to whether we meet the goal or not it could go either way which is why I’m calling upon you!
What do you get out of it?
Let’s talk about the perks of becoming a This Is Horror Podcast patron. Here are the rewards at just the $1 level.
- Exclusive ‘Patron Only’ episodes on craft and writing.
- At least 24-hour early bird access to every episode of the This Is Horror Podcast.
- Ask the This Is Horror Guest questions as part of the interview.
- 10% off everything in the This Is Horror shop.
- Participate in exclusive ‘patron only’ discussions and conversations.
- Early bird access to pre-order ALL This Is Horror products.
- Early bird announcements.
As you pledge more the incentives increase. We’re talking free This Is Horror eBooks, bigger discounts off This Is Horror shop purchases, This Is Horror t-shirts and even advertising on the This Is Horror website.
We recently announced we’re hosting The Outer Dark Podcast, this means when you support This Is Horror you support The Outer Dark, too, and when possible we’re giving patrons early bird access to The Outer Dark Podcast, as well!
What is the This Is Horror Podcast and is it any good?
The This Is Horror Podcast is a weekly interview show for readers, writers and creators. The format is simple, This Is Horror hosts Michael David Wilson, Bob Pastorella and Dan Howarth interview writers, editors, publishers, literary agents and other professionals about the craft and business of writing. We occasionally supplement these episodes with author-narrated stories. As to whether we’re good, your best bet is to download an episode and see if it resonates with you, but you can also check out our iTunes reviews and see what these good people have to say about us in the video below.
Raising the stakes
The This Is Horror Podcast 30 day challenge ends when the clock strikes midnight on 17 June, 2016 so to successfully complete the challenge we need either $390 or 78 patrons. I like to keep myself accountable so I pitched an article to LitReactor early last month entitled ”How I Doubled My Patreon Support in 30 Days’. Problem is, I did this before we’d even raised an additional dollar. What can I say, giving myself a challenge, raising the stakes, making myself publicly accountable is one helluva motivator. Some have called me crazy for even attempting this—and they have a point—but whatever happens now we’re already halfway there. But I don’t want to settle for halfway, I want to go for gold.
I’d love your help in making this happen, you just have to ask yourself one question:
Is the This Is Horror Podcast worth $1 per month?
That’s your call. Only you know what your financial situation is and how much value the podcast brings you. I’d love it if you could join us. So, are you in?
Michael David Wilson
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey