I hope you won’t mind me taking a short break from our horror schedule to invite you over to a brand new editing and writing resource – Armed With Pens. It’s actually formed in response to the demand staff at This Is Horror have received for articles on the craft of writing and editing. Editor and Manager of This Is Horror, Michael Wilson, decided to open up a brand new writing and editing collective with new posts on the art of writing and editing every week day! Joining Michael are various veterans of genre, and of the writing and editing world as a whole, including our very own Simon Marshall-Jones and Gary McMahon, Editor-in-Chief of Solaris Jonathan Oliver, Editor-in-Chief of Salt Publishing Steve Haynes, Literary Agent Sharon Ring and author of the excellent A Cold Season, Alison Littlewood.
If you like the sound of all of this, why not check out our premiere articles
First up for Editors, it’s Simon Marshall-Jones:
And, for Writers, it’s Sharon Ring:
With that said and done, let’s get back to the horror. This Is Horror, after all!
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey