The Outer Dark Quarantine Reading series kicks off 2021 with Linda D. Addison and Marc Laidlaw. (0:42:52). Linda reads the poem ‘When Interior Light Becomes Bright’ from Dark Duet (2013) and inspired by Eartha Kitt; the short story ‘Live and Let Live” (0;12:36) from her collection, How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend, 2011); the poem ‘The Place of Broken Things’ cowritten with Alessandro Manzetti from their joint collection The Place of Broken Things (Crystal Lake, 2019); and the poem ‘Dying From This (for Hank Charles Bukowski Jr.)’ also from Dark Duet. Marc reads an excerpt from Underneath the Oversea, his latest novel published in 2020 (0:56:11). They also share their experiences with lockdown living, their writing and publishing news, and their quarantine reading recommendations (scroll down to Additional Links for how to order).
If you’re looking to treat yourself with Something Weird, visit our new STORE at theouterdark.org to purchase T-shirts, tote bags, mugs, and coasters with The Outer Dark logo designed by Nick Gucker. All proceeds fund the podcast and future The Outer Dark Symposia.
Please subscribe to The Outer Dark podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to The Outer Dark via Spotify
Listen to The Outer Dark via iTunes
Subscribe via Blubrry
Listen via Stitcher
Co-Host, News from The Weird: Justin Steele
Co-Host, Reviews from The Weird: Gordon B. White
Symposium Assistant Director: Melanie Crew
Symposium Programming Coordinator: Jess Lewis
Symposium Logistics: Melissa Eisner
Logo Design: Nick “The Hat” Gucker
Music: Michael Griffin
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey