In this podcast Sara Tantlinger talks about Cradleland of Parasites, discovering horror, the Pittsburgh HWA Chapter, and much more.
About Sara Tantlinger
Sara Tantlinger is the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of The Devil’s Dreamland: Poetry Inspired by H.H. Holmes. Her other books include Cradleland of Parasites, Love for Slaughter, The Devil’s City (co-written with Matt Corley), and the Stoker-nominated novella To Be Devoured. She also edited the anthology Not All Monsters, which features stories by women in horror. She graduated from Seton Hill University with a BA in English literature and creative writing, and later with an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction. She is an active member of the HWA (Horror Writers Association) and also co-organizes the Pittsburgh HWA Chapter.
Click the timestamps to jump straight to the audio.
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women
In Black Cranes: Tales of Unquiet Women, Southeast Asian writers of horror both embrace and reject these traditional roles in a unique collection of stories which dissect their experiences of ‘otherness’, be it in the colour of their skin, the angle of their cheekbones, the things they. Shop at omniumgatherumedia.com. Enter the code ‘thisishorror’ at checkout for a 20% discount.
If you’re an emerging author in the UK, Storyville is offering its first ever online Contemporary Dark Fiction class in 2021. Running for 16 weeks, from May to September, at 8 PM London time, there are weekly essays, assignments, and readings to help you hone your craft. Richard Thomas runs Storyville—he’s an experienced author, editor, teacher, and publisher. He was in The Best Horror of the Year anthology just last year! Use the code HORROR10 to get 10% off. Head on over to storyvilleonline.com today as spots are limited.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey