In this podcast J.R. Park talks about five years of the Sinister Horror Company, conventions, health issues, and much more.
Note: this was recorded before the COVID-19 so unfortunately many of the conventions referenced were cancelled.
About J.R. Park
J R Park is a co-founder of the Sinister Horror Company. He is the author of Terror Byte, Punch, Upon Waking, The Exchange, Postal, Mad Dog, Death Dreams In A Whorehouse, and Death Dreams At Christmas. His inspiration is drawn from the crazy worlds of exploitation cinema and pulp literature, but with a twist. His writing often plays with form and narrative as he slowly wears down the boundaries of what pulp horror can be.
- [04:20] Sinister Horror Company origin story
- [09:00] Initial releases
- [16:30] The biggest risk on a story
- [23:00] Matt Shaw
- [39:50] Mad Dog
- [40:30] What would Justin do differently with Sinister Horror Company if starting out now
- [44:00] Refreshing back catalogue/keeping interest in it
- [54:30] Conventions
- [01:04:00] Justin’s health issues
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.