In this podcast David James Keaton talks about pizza horror, fruit sauce, why bananas are the platypuses of fruit, and much more.
About David James Keaton
David James Keaton’s first collection, FISH BITES COP! Stories to Bash Authorities was named the 2013 Short Story Collection of the Year by This Is Horror, and his second collection, Stealing Propeller Hats from the Dead, received a Starred Review from Publishers Weekly. Nobody read his third collection. He’s also the co-editor of Hard Sentences: Crime Fiction Inspired by Alcatraz, and the editor of Dirty Boulevard: Crime Fiction Inspired by Lou Reed. He lives in California with his wife, daughter, and a cat forever lingering between life and death. His favorite pizza topping is plastic. Frozen pizza forever, baby! He can be found at davidjameskeaton.com
- [05:20] Conversation start
- [07:30] Pizzagate
- [09:50] Submissions for Tales From The Crust
- [20:45] Name a good pizza movie
- [36:30] Steve Guttenberg
- [41:30] Tales From The Crust origin story
- [47:00] Max Booth, via Patreon, asks about the rules of editing an anthology
- [57:20] Three stories in Tales From The Crust—Craig Wallwork
- [01:01:20] ‘And She Answered The Door Naked’
- [01:20:40] ‘Afterword’ by Nathan Rabin
- [01:30:30] Soccer and pizza
- [01:33:40] VR Weather, via Patreon, Pineapple on pizza yes or no
- [01:42:10] Livius Nedin, via Patreon, says ‘how dare you’
- [01:44:15] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks if there are more literary pizzas in David James Keaton
- [01:45:25] Max Booth, via Patreon, asks if David’s life has got worse since the anthology
- [01:46:10] How do you know Max is even real?
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey