In this podcast Jonathan Oliver talks about early life lessons, publishing, reading genre fiction, and much more.
About Jonathan Oliver
Jonathan Oliver is the multi-award winning editor of The End of The Line, Magic, House of Fear, End of the Road, and Dangerous Games. He’s also written a couple of novels and a bunch of short stories. He lives in Abingdon with his family and their cat.
- [04:20] Masters of Science Fiction
- [07:40] Time between Masters of SF and Rebellion Publishing
- [16:25] Putting together anthologies
- [18:45] Leaving Rebellion and joining Lion Hudson
- [25:35] The Language of Beasts
- [29:40] Contents and thematic concerns
- [37:45] Ordering a short story collection
- [39:55] Current work in progress
- [45:40] SM Fedor, via Patreon, asks about techniques for resetting the mind and eyes when editing
- [50:30] Advice for eighteen-year-old self
- [51:40] What Jonathan hopes people say about him when he’s not in the room
- [52:15] Something Jonathan believes that many others do not
- [53:55] What frightens Jonathan
- [59:10] Stepping away from the media and news/self-care
- [59:55] Video games playing right now
- [01:05:20] Connect with Jonathan
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey