In this podcast Kealan Patrick Burke talks about We Live Inside Your Eyes, creating cover art, whether to abandon a story, and much more.
About Kealan Patrick Burke
Kealan Patrick Burke’s works include the novels Kin, Currency of Souls, Master of the Moors, and The Hides (Bram Stoker Award nominee), the novellas The Turtle Boy (Bram Stoker Award Winner, 2004) and Vessels, and the collections Ravenous Ghosts, The Number 121 to Pennsylvania & Others, Theater Macabre and The Novellas.
- [04:40] Patreon questions. Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about creative headspace for art and writing
- [07:15] Kealan Patrick Burke on Inventing cover art and being the Elon Musk of nothing.
- [10:30] Cover art tips
- [19:30] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about one writer whose work genuinely frightens Kealan
- [22:00] First Ramsey Campbell story
- [28:10] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about writing changes since started writing
- [33:50] Chad Lutzke, via Patreon, asks about favourite genre outside of horror
- [38:20] We Live Inside Your Eyes collection
- [46:40] Whether to abandon a story
- [52:40] Connect with Kealan
- [53:25] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
I’m Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today by Brian Asman
Pick up the brand new Brian Asman book, I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today.
Night Waves by David Irons
David Iron’s brand new novel, Night Waves, is available now, published by Cosmic Egg Books.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey