In this podcast Brian Asman talks about I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today, Kevin Smith, bizarro, and much more.
Brian Asman is the author of I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today published via Eraserhead Press. His short stories have appeared in publications such as Lost Films, Deciduous Tales, and California Screamin’.
- [02:15] Kevin Smith and I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today
- [05:15] Planning
- [23:00] Kevin Smith movies
- [39:00] MFA
- [42:00] Takeaways from the story per week challenge
- [01:09:25] Brian Noonan, via Patreon, asks about bizarro and what led Brian to the strange and wonderful
- [01:10:45] Lisa Quigley, via Patreon, asks about strategies when writing something new
- [01:12:30] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about outlandish concepts and characters
- [01:14:10] Deciduous Tales
- [01:14:50] Kev, via Patreon, asks about craft beer recommendations
- [1:17:25] Max Booth, via Patreon, asks about improving further readings as Brian’s hype man
- [01:22:15] Horror fiction Mount Rushmore
- [01:24:00] Connect with Brian
- [01:26:15] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey