In this podcast Elizabeth Hand talks about secret knowledge, Wylding Hall, PS Publishing, and much more.
A New York Times notable and multiple award-winning author, Elizabeth Hand has written seven novels, including the cult classic Waking the Moon, and short-story collections. She is a longtime contributor to numerous publications, including the Washington Post Book World and the Village Voice Literary Supplement. She and her two children divide their time between the coast of Maine and North London.
- [02:30] People are drawn to facts and how stuff works/secret knowledge
- [12:05] Diverse writers and voices
- [17:25] How much own personal beliefs affect writing the supernatural
- [25:25] Two inexplicable experiences Liz cannot explain
- [39:50] Wylding Hall
- [52:40] PS Publishing
- [56:00] Benjamin O’Connell, via Patreon, asks about soundtrack/playlist for Wylding Hall
- [01:02:30] Spending time between Camden and Maine
- [01:12:40] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, advice for those writing who are having difficulty getting published
- [01:21:20] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, who are some of the writers who inspire Elizabeth
- [01:26:00] Connect with Elizabeth
- [01:28:15] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Vote for This Is Horror in the British Podcast Awards
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey