In this podcast Adam Howe talks about Wrestle Maniacs, Scapegoat, collaborative writing, and much more.
About Adam Howe
Adam Howe writes the twisted fiction your mother warned you about. A British writer of fiction and screenplays, he lives in London with his partner, their daughter, and a hellhound named Gino. Writing as Garrett Addams, his short story ‘Jumper’ was chosen by Stephen King as the winner of the international On Writing contest, and published in the paperback/Kindle editions of King’s memoir. His fiction has appeared in places like Nightmare Magazine, Thuglit, Mythic Delirium, and Year’s Best Hardcore Horror Volume 1. He is the author of Tijuana Donkey Showdown, and two novella collections, Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet, and Black Cat Mojo. His latest novel is Scapegoat, co-written with James Newman.
- [02:50] Pro Wrestling and WrestleManiacs
- [09:20] Scapegoat
- [16:00] Collaborative writing
- [22:30] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about writing in the American voice
- [24:30] British and American English merging
- [30:00] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about tips for writing dialogue
- [36:30] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about having anthologies and magazines in mind when writing stories
- [40:25] Standup comedy
- [46:10] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about the impetus of Honey Badge Press
- [49:10] Future releases from HBP and future plans
- [55:20] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about great titles and how Adam comes up with them
- [01:00:20] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:01:20] What frightens Adam
- [01:03:40] Connect with Adam
- [01:05:20] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
Registration for the 2019 Nightscape Press Caribbean Cabal Charitable Writers Retreat (with special guests Laird Barron and John Langan) is now open.
Gehenna & Hinnom Books
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey