In this podcast Stephen Kozeniewski talks about George A. Romero, Killercon’s gross out contest, Billy and the Cloneasaurus, and much more.
About Stephen Kozeniewski
Stephen Kozeniewski lives in Pennsylvania, the birthplace of the modern zombie. During his time as a Field Artillery officer he served for three years in Oklahoma and one in Iraq, where, due to what he assumes was a clerical error, he was awarded the Bronze Star. He is also a classically trained linguist, which sounds much more impressive than saying his bachelor’s is in German.
- [03:20] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about horror inspirations
- [04:20] George A. Romero
- [06:10] Writing process and routine
- [09:00] NaNoWriMo
- [16:10] Something changed mind about
- [18:05] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about biggest change since being published
- [19:25] Killercon’s Gross Out
- [35:45] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about research and worldbuilding
- [40:05] Favourite zombie movie
- [41:45] Roger Venable, via Patreon, what’s next
- [46:00] Collaborative process
- [54:15] What frightens you
- [56:66] Billy and the cloneasaurus
- [01:05:40] Personal philosophies
- [01:10:30] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:12:30] Underread authors
- [01:14:55] Connect
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
- Stephen Kozeniewski fiction
- Silverwood: The Door
- Story Unboxed 004 Day of the Dead (1985)
- Jonathan Janz
- Carlton Mellick III
- Michelle Garza and Melissa Lason
- Mary Fan
- Elizabeth Corrigan
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey