In this podcast Justin Park and Tracy Fahey talk about anthologies, story obstacles, collaborations, and much more.
About J.R. Park
J. R. Park is a horror author from Bristol UK. He released his first book, Terror Byte, in 2014 and no one told him to stop. His inspirations have been cited as exploitation cinema, manhandled second-hand horror books from charity shops, misheard conversations and cheese before bed. He delights in taking pulp-horror ideas, and bending them into twisted, new forms.
About Tracy Fahey
Tracy Fahey is an Irish writer of Gothic fiction. In 2017, her debut collection The Unheimlich Manoeuvre was shortlisted for a British Fantasy Award. Two of her short stories were long listed for Honourable Mentions in The Best Horror of the Year Volume 8. She is published in over twenty Irish, US, and UK anthologies and her work has been reviewed in the Times Literary Supplement. Her first novel, The Girl in the Fort, was released in 2017.
- [02:45] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about keeping things fresh in The Black Room Manuscripts
- [08:30] Ordering anthology
- [13:00] Putting short story collection together
- [15:00] Autobiography in The Unheimlich Manoeuvre
- [22:50] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about biggest obstacles in writing stories / endings and outlines
- [29:15] Co-writing Postal with Matt Shaw and collaborative writing
- [41:35] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks Tracy about research
- [49:40] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about writing Terror Byte and technology and stories becoming outdated
- [55:00] Roger, via Patreon, asks Traci about blending fairytales with the real world
- [01:02:40] Connect with Justin and Tracy
- [01:04:10] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
The Broker of Nightmares by Jon Padgett
A dream for a drug. Pre-order The Broker of Nightmares by Jon Padgett, a limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey