In this podcast Joshua Chaplinsky talks about Kanye West Reanimator, H.P. Lovecraft, lessons from writing screenplays, and much more.
About Joshua Chaplinsky
Joshua Chaplinsky is the Managing Editor of LitReactor.com. He has also written for the popular film site Screen Anarchy and for ChuckPalahniuk.net, the official website of Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk. He is the author of Kanye West—Reanimator. His short fiction has appeared in Zetetic, Motherboard, Vol. 1 Brooklyn, Thuglit, Dark Moon Digest, Pantheon Magazine, and multiple print anthologies. More info at joshuachaplinsky.com.
- [02:45] Important life lessons growing up
- [08:50] Something Joshua’s changed his mind about recently
- [16:05] First experiences with story
- [24:45] First stories written
- [29:15] Writing screenplay lessons for writing short stories
- [35:35] Adapting screenplays to short story/novel form
- [39:50] Kanye West Reanimator and parody law
- [44:00] Hip-hop history and actual events
- [52:05] Impact on Josh’s opinion of Kanye West and H.P. Lovecraft
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.