In this podcast Tade Thompson talks about growing up in South London, editors, writing lessons learnt from martial arts, and much more.
About Tade Thompson
Tade Thompson is the author of the sci-fi novel Rosewater, a John W. Campbell Award finalist, and The Kitschies Golden Tentacle Award-winning novel Making Wolf. His novella The Murders of Molly Southbourne has been optioned for screen adaptation. He also writes short stories, notably The Apologists which was nominated for a British Science Fiction Association award. Born in London to Yoruba parents, he lives and works on the south coast of England where he battles an addiction to books.
- [03:00] Conversation start/The Staircase on Netflix
- [08:00] Social media
- [13:55] Raw
- [20:10] Sequels: Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2, [REC]
- [23:30] Demonic possession trope
- [28:50] Early life lessons growing up in South London
- [38:30] Lessons from martial arts transferrable to writing
- [46:30] Editors.
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6889594/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey