In this podcast Patrick Lacey talks about We Came Back, collaborations, worst writing advice, and much more.
About Patrick Lacey
Writer of Bone Saw, Practitioners, Dream Woods, and We Came Back. Collector of weird stuff. Drinker of coffee and IPA.
- [01:55] Working with Sinister Grin Press on We Came Back
- [02:45] We Came Back most personal story
- [05:35] Marketing and promoting a charity release
- [10:05] Scott Kemper, via Patreon, asks about co-writing and collaborations
- [16:40]Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about rebooting a classic horror movie franchise in the written form
- [20:00] Silent Hill, Resident Evil, The Evil Within, and video game talk
- [26:00] Experimental metal and back to video games …
- [42:05] What frightens Patrick
- [49:00] Worst writing advice
- [51:30] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [54:30] Connect with Patrick
- [55:35] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6866461/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey