In this podcast Michael Griffin talks about The Human Alchemy, The Lure of Devouring Light, the revision process, and much more.
About Michael Griffin
Michael Griffin has released a novel, Hieroglyphs of Blood and Bone (Journalstone, 2017) and a short fiction collection, The Lure of Devouring Light (Word Horde, 2016). His second collection, The Human Alchemy, comes out at the end of June, 2018, again from Word Horde. His stories have appeared in magazines like Apex and Black Static, and the anthologies Looming Low, Eternal Frankenstein, The Children of Old Leech, and the Shirley Jackson Award winner The Grimscribe’s Puppets. He’s also an ambient musician and founder of Hypnos Recordings, an ambient record label he operates with his wife in Portland, Oregon. Michael’s blog is at griffinwords.com and on Twitter, he posts as @mgsoundvisions.
- [02:20] Lessons learnt putting together The Lure of Devouring Light and putting together The Human Alchemy
- [08:40] Sourcing artwork for covers
- [24:20] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about incorporating image, sound, and sensation into fiction
- [33:00] Continuing stories of Firedancing characters
- [35:10] Current work in progress
- [40:25] Writing routine
- [49:00] Fitness routine
- [52:50] Ross Byers, via Patreon, asks about revision process
- [01:00:50] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about writing and music and whether they influence one another
- [01:16:50] Email newsletters
- [01:19:15] What advice would you give your eighteen year old self
- [01:23:10] Connect with Michael
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Unnerving presents, Overnight by Philip Fracassi.
Money is tight when opportunity knocks for Pete, the overnight security guard on the set of the feature film, Abaddon. Hours before dawn, a man in an inconspicuous hoody carries a wad of cash and a request. Need meets greed and Pete considers his options, spiralling into dangerous, shady territory. Overnight by Philip Fracassi the signed, limited edition hardcover coming July sixteenth.
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.