In this podcast Paul Michael Anderson talks about Redrafting, Submitting Stories, Writing Without Rules, and much more.
About Paul Michael Anderson
- [07:10] Important life lessons growing up
- [12:10] Obstacles and problems came up against in Maryland
- [22:50] Parents getting divorced and impact on childhood and way of viewing the world
- [34:45] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about balance between writing and family life
- [42:30] Redrafting what’s in your head
- [48:30] Writing without rules
- [56:00] Stamp collecting
- [58:20] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, how Paul got into writing and advice for other authors
- [01:02:15] When do you decide to submit a story and where
- [1:14:40] An outtake that isn’t an outtake/ ‘The Liverpool’
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
This Is Horror Podcast Patreon
Support the This Is Horror Podcast over on Patreon and get a variety of benefits including early bird access to all of our episodes, submit questions for guests, and our exclusive Patrons-Only Q&A Sessions.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey