In this podcast Kristi DeMeester talks about growing up in a fundamentalist religious household, important life lessons growing up, and MFAs.
About Kristi DeMeester
Kristi DeMeester is the author of Beneath, a novel published by Word Horde, and the author of Everything That’s Underneath, a short fiction collection published by Apex Publications. Her short fiction has appeared in publications such as Ellen Datlow’s The Best Horror of the Year Volume 9, Year’s Best Weird Fiction Volumes 1 and 3, Black Static, The Dark, Apex Magazine, and several others
- [04:00] First experiences with story
- [07:10] Getting into trouble for reading
- [16:40] Anne Rice
- [19:25] Growing up in a strict fundamentalist religious household: atmosphere and obstacles
- [34:30] Pivotal moments and realisation religion and lifestyle wasn’t the life wanted to lead
- [38:05] How upbringing and experiences inform interactions with students and parenting style
- [43:50] Important life lessons
- [47:05] First experience writing stories
- [54:40] Positives and negatives of MFA
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.