In this podcast Antony Johnston talks about Dead Space, Atomic Blonde, Writing Video Games, The Exphoria Code, and much more.
About Antony Johnston
Antony Johnston is a New York Times bestselling graphic novelist, author, and games writer with more than fifty published titles. The Charlize Theron movie Atomic Blonde is based on his graphic novel The Coldest City. His epic series Wasteland is one of only a handful of such longform achievements in comics. His first video game, Dead Space, redefined a genre. His latest novel The Exphoria Code is out now.
- [03:00] Interview start/Dead Space
- [19:35] Mark Boorman asks about creating characters in video games, the challenges in Zombii U and how it compares to Shadow of Mordor
- [31:10] The Coldest City and film adaptation Atomic Blonde
- [35:30] Involvement with Atomic Blonde as co-producer
- [40:00] Paths into video game writing: what people should and shouldn’t do
- [43:50] The Exphoria Code
- [48:55] Rich Bunting asks if horror as a subgenre gets short shrift
- [56:50] Connect with Antony
- [59:00] Final thoughts
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend Strange Weather by Joe Hill. Audible UK customers start your free trial here.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed Subscribe via iTunes Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6263066/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey