In this podcast Bracken MacLeod talks about creating characters, masculinity, Albert Camus, and much more.
About Bracken MacLeod
Bracken MacLeod is the author of the novels Stranded and Mountain Home, a short story collection from ChiZine Publications titled 13 Views of the Suicide Woods, and a novella titled White Night. His new novel, Come To Dust, is coming in June 2017 from Trepidatio Publishing. He lives in New England and is currently at work on his next novel.
- [02:00] Dominic Voyce, via Patreon, asks about research for Stranded
- [12:20] Why there are no women in Stranded / toxic masculinity
- [23:15] Darryl Foster, via Patreon, asks about most difficult aspect of writing Stranded
- [31:55] Bracken’s five favourite books
- [36:30] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about translating sparks of inspiration into story
- [43:50] Darryl Foster, via Patreon, asks about creating characters
- [47:30] Tim, via Patreon, asks about daily writing routine
- [49:20] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks what novel every high schooler in the USA must read
- [50:40] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks who the ‘White Knight’ would be that came to Bracken’s rescue if he were ‘Stranded’ in his ‘Mountain Home’
- [51:40] Favourite philosophers and principles and how it impacts life
- [57:20] Albert Camus for horror fans
- [58:15] Connect with Bracken
- [01:03:10] Outtakes/fire alarm test
- Bracken MacLeod fiction
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Dead Zone by Stephen King
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5360510/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey