In this podcast J.S. Breukelaar talks about her brand new novel Aletheia, working with Crystal Lake Publishing, teaching Creative Writing, and much more.
About J.S. Breukelaar
JS Breukelaar is the author of Aletheia (Crystal Lake Publishing) and American Monster (Lazy Fascist Press), and Ink (Les Editions du Zaparogue), as well as numerous short stories, essays, and poems.
- [02:00] Interview start/Recognising mistakes within fiction
- [11:20] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks when the title Aletheia came.
- [12:20] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about starting stories
- [13:45] What is and isn’t weird fiction?
- [23:05] LitReactor course/ideal student for course
- [35:30] Teaching online vs. in-person: what’s transferable and what isn’t/writing community
- [44:40] Forthcoming short story collection
- [46:15] Working with Crystal Lake Publishing
- [47:30] A belief that others think is insane/unconventional thinking
- [51:20] Best writing advice
- [54:05] Morning rituals and daily habits
- [59:20] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:02:30] Connect with J.S.
- [01:07:10] Outtakes